General Privacy Notice and Cookies Notice
Lemissoler Navigation Co. Ltd (hereinafter called ‘Lemissoler’) takes the security of your personal data very seriously and is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses your personal data, to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data and to meeting its data protection obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What is the purpose of this Privacy notice:
The purpose of this Privacy notice is to provide you with a clear explanation about how your personal data is collected and used by us during your interaction with us as well as your rights in relation to your personal data.
How to contact Lemissoler:
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy notice or our use of your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer by:
- email: evros.damianoulemissoler.com
- post: 17-21B Ayias Zonis Str., Eleni Court, CY – 3027; or
- phone: +357 25 818830
What personal data does Lemissoler collect:
Lemissoler only collects basic personal data about you (such as name, email address and basic contact details – as well as any other information that you choose to provide). Lemissoler also collects personal data from:
- Service users, as a Shipping company having worldwide activities and full control and management of its Vessels, we must collect personal data of our service users and vice versa including financial information, which is essential to us being able to provide effective care and support. The data is contained in individual files (manual and electronic) and other record systems, all of which are subject to strict security and authorized access policies. Personal data that becomes inactive, i.e. from enquiries or prospective users who do not enter the service is also kept securely for as long as it is needed, before being safely disposed and/or deleted.
How we Collect Personal data:
- Directly through our website, in writing, via telephone, via email at our events or through other means; or
- obtain from your interaction with our websites and / or services.
All personal data obtained to meet our regulatory requirements, legitimate interests and contractual agreements will always be treated in line with our data protection and confidentiality policies.
Why does Lemissoler collect personal data:
Lemissoler needs to know personal data about you to respond to requests you make to us, to promote our businesses and to provide you with information relating to our services.
How is your personal data protected:
Lemissoler will hold your personal data securely using appropriate technical and organizational measures and not disclose your personal data to anyone outside its own group, or to any person or entity outside the European Economic Area (EEA) (in that case the data subject will be informed accordingly), except and to the extent of the following:
(i) necessary for the purposes stated in this Privacy notice; and
(ii) where it has first satisfied itself that appropriate safeguards are in place to ensure such information will continue to be held and used in accordance with this notice and compliance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679).
(iii) When we have obtained explicit consent from a data subject to process his/her personal data to a third party outside EEA.
We use service providers to operate our websites, such as website hosting and enquiry functionality, and some of these service providers will process your personal data as part of the services they provide to us. We will ensure that those service providers also comply with this Privacy notice.
How long does Lemissoler keep personal data:
Your personal data will be kept by Lemissoler for no longer than reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy notice, unless required to be kept longer by law or our legitimate interests. If you want to be forgotten by our Company, then you should contact us and ask for your right to be forgotten.
What are Cookies:
‘Cookies’ are small text files that are stored by the browser on your computer or mobile phone. They also allow websites to store things like user preferences. You can think of cookies as providing a ‘memory’ for the website, so that it can recognize you when you come back and respond appropriately.
Lemissoler collects personal data about your usage of our websites through cookies. Lemissoler through this page, like many others, uses small files called cookies to help us customize your experience. We don’t collect any unnecessary personal data nor distribute any persona data externally without the user’s knowledge or prior consent, nor collect any personal data without the user’s knowledge or consent. Find out more about cookies and how you can control them.
Essentially there are two types of cookies:
- persistent cookies, and
- session cookies
A persistent cookie helps the website (and third party applications) recognize you as an existing user, so it’s easier to return and continue your existing user experience. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you leave the website, i.e. lasting only for as long as the session (usually the current visit to the website or a browser session).
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version.
You can find more details about blocking and deleting cookies via these links separately for each browser:
- Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Opera http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
- Internet Explorer https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411
- Edge https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
Please keep in mind that if you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features of our website.
For further information on Cookies, such as deleting, disabling or blocking cookies, please visit AboutCookies.org
Third Party Cookies:
- LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Google Maps https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=el
- Google Fonts https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/google-fonts-and-eu-privacy-statement-2018/25956
- Google Analytics https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html
Through the application form we also use Spam protection. It collects personal data from users to make this determination of whether they are human and not a robot. Then, an additional specific cookie will be added to the user’s browser, and a complete snapshot of the user’s browser window at that moment in time will be captured, pixel by pixel.
What are your legal rights:
You have specific legal rights surrounding your personal data under the General Data Protection Regulation, including:
- the right to access and copy your personal data;
- the right to obtain correction of any inaccurate or incomplete personal data;
- the right to have your personal data deleted;
- the right to restrict or object to Lemissoler’s processing of your personal data;
- the right to withdraw your consent to our processing at any time
If you would like to exercise any of these rights or you still looking for more specific information, please contact our DPO Evros Damianou at evros.damianoulemissoler.com (More details provided above)
If you believe that Lemissoler has not complied with your personal data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
Changes to this privacy and cookie notice:
Lemissoler reserves the right to update or amend this privacy and cookie notice at any time. As the user, you agree to be bound by such changes, and to its current relevancy as presented on this website at any given time.